Women worldwide have used nail polish in some form or the other for centuries to beautify their nails. Things might have changed a lot over the years, but the secrets of an exquisite nail manicure remain the same. Here are some of the top secrets that need revealing to make your life easier.
How often should you have a nail manicure? – Three weeks should be ideal
Gel polish lovers would recommend that one should have a nail manicure every 14 days. However, people using quality products like SNS dip powder can have one every three weeks. Extending the manicure further can cause the nails to break and peel. Moisture could get under the polish and lead to problems like nail fungus.
Can you remove gel polish by yourself? – It is not advisable
Trying to remove gel nail polish is not at all advisable. If you are unaware of the correct procedure, you could end up chipping the nail and damaging it. It can take more than five to six weeks to recover from such damage. Going to a salon to get the job done is the best way to go about it. If you use dipping powder, you can do it at home, provided you know the procedure well.
How do you take care of your nail manicure at home? Follow these safety procedures to maintain your manicure
- In winter, your skin and nails do not get enough moisture. It is advisable to use moisturizing creams and oils to maintain moisture levels.
- Cuticle oil is the best way to protect your cuticles from damage.
- It is better to use gloves to protect your nails from detergents.
- One should drink lots of water and liquids to remain hydrated.
Is it uncomfortable to use an LED lamp? Yes, it can be unpleasant
Gel polish requires curing under an LED or a UV lamp. Ultraviolet rays can be harmful to the skin and nails. Purists can argue that it does not take more than 45 to 60 seconds of curing. However, continuous exposure to UV rays over a period can be dangerous. The best way to avoid the use of UV rays is to go for SNS dipping powder nails. Dipping powder does not require curing under the UV lamp.
Your nails need a break from time to time. Yes, it is the best way to maintain your nail health
Many people have the habit of jumping from one nail polish to another without a break. It is not smart on your part. Continuous exposure to nail polish products does not allow your nails to breathe correctly. Besides, the use of acetone in nail polish removers leaves it dehydrated. Your nails need time to recover. A break of nearly a week or so between two successive nail manicure should be ideal.
Is it necessary to sanitize your tools every time? Yes, one must do it to maintain hygiene
In these days of the pandemic, it is better to sanitize everything. The same logic applies to your nail manicuring tools. Even otherwise, it would help if you sanitized your tools before you use them. An ultra-sound bath with a disinfecting solution inside it should be perfect. Thermal disinfection is also advisable. Anyway, you should use high-quality products for your nail manicures. You can get in touch with us for your SNS nail supplies.
How do you remove gel polish at a salon? The procedure is simple
One should understand never to file your gel polish off your nails. It can result in the chipping of your nails. The procedure to remove gel polish or dipping powder polish is similar.
- Use a sterilized nail fil to scrape the top layer gently. One should not apply force under any circumstances.
- After cleaning the debris, you should take a cotton ball dipped in acetone and place it over your nails.
- Wrap an aluminum foil over the cotton ball and leave it for a minimum of around 20 minutes. If the polish is thicker, you should consider extending the time to more than 30 minutes.
- Remove the wrap. The powder polish should fall off on its own.
- Clean the nails using soap and water. Allow the nails to hydrate before you go for a fresh nail manicure.
Can you do your dipping powder manicure at home? Yes, you can
The procedure for a dipping powder manicure is simple.
- Use a sterilized nail buff to shape your nails properly.
- A cuticle pusher should be ideal for pushing back the cuticles.
- Apply the basecoat gently.
- Dip your nails into the SNS dipping powder color of your choice.
- Shake your hands to get rid of the excess powder.
- Apply the activator gel and, finally, the topcoat.
- It does not take more than one minute for the coat to dry.
Finally, one should always use quality products like SNS dipping powder nails. For your nail supplies wholesale, you can contact us.